What is Lead Generation?
Attracting and turning strangers into customers has been a challenge for any company in today’s content-rich world. The customer no longer wants you to just buy his attention – today he wants you to earn it! Therefore, to better understand the needs of your potential customer in the market, you need to constantly update, refine, and improve the lead generation strategies in your industry. The first step is to create compelling content on the Internet, followed by the second step – to use that content to turn your guests into leaders. Of course, it’s easier to talk than to do.
Before we start discussing the process of generating leads, let’s get acquainted with the very basis or “lead”. You definitely now think, what could it be about a monster? “Līdi” in simple language are strangers on the Internet who raise their hand and say, “Yes, I am interested in your product or service,” which is very valuable to you as a supplier of a product or service. Getting leads provides you with two main benefits:
- contact information hat you can use for upselling and/or re-marketing and building a solid long-term relationship as well
- an opportunity to accumulate and save potential client’s data for re-marketing, sales, and customer care, which then turns visitors into paying customers.
Organizations that practice lead generation make 50% more sales, paying 33% less than companies that do not. (according to Strategic IC data)
What is Lead Generation?
Lead generation is the process by which strangers or visitors are converted into paying customers when they have expressed an interest in your or your company’s product and/or service. Through this process, you collect personal data in exchange for some type of information. Examples: attending a job interview, surveys, blog posts, coupons or discounts, attending various events, and online content.
These are just a few examples of lead generation that you can use to attract more leads and make them choose your product or service. (I will mention more important examples in today’s market).
When someone outside the marketing world asks what we do on daily basis, no matter how we want to, we can’t answer, “We help companies develop in the digital environment by building websites and social media content for companies to generate leads and improve their search engine positions.”
Instead, we say “We work on unique methods to help people find the product or service they’re looking for, and businesses to gain visibility and development on the Internet.”
This type of response usually resonates more clearly, and this is what “Lead Generation” means: A way to attract potential customers to your business and generate interest in your product or service that customers would be willing to pay for.
How to do it?
By exploring each company’s industry and their current challenges, needs, and goals, we want to provide them with useful information and strategies to help increase the interest of other businesses and customers in the company and its business, products, and services so that they can eventually communicate and collaborate with other brands, companies and customers in a digital environment.
This is a “win-win” situation.
How to generate leads?
By showing a relaxed interest in your business, customers enter into a relationship with you, building and strengthening it in a natural way that encourages them to buy your product or use your service over time. This is a natural way to turn a stranger or visitor who has not yet encountered you into a paying customer.
In the table below, you can clearly understand that generating leads is an important basis for meeting customer wants and needs through systematically planned strategies.
Lead Generation Process:
Well, you should be clear about what is Lead Generation. Now let’s try to understand the Lead Generation Process:
- First, the visitor learns about your business through one of your marketing channels, such as your website, blog, or social network.
- This visitor then feels interested and clicks on your Call-To-Action (CTA) button or picture (this can also be a message that encourages your website visitors to take action).
- Next, your Call to Action (CTA) directs your visitor to your Landing Page, which is designed specifically for the Exchange of Potential Customer information and data to get them interested in your offer.
- Note: Offer is your content or any other value offered on the Landing Page, such as an e-book, course, templates, etc. The offer must be clear and valuable enough for the visitor to be willing to give you their details in exchange for it.
- Once a visitor is on the Landing Page, it fills out a form in exchange for your offer, usually installed on the Landing Pages, although technically they can be located anywhere on your website. Vo-la! You have a new Leed! This is where you follow the best techniques for gaining leads.
Do you see how everything comes together? Quick, easy, simple:
Visitor clicks on a Call-To-Action that takes them to your Landing Page where they fill out a Form to get your Offer that generates Leads. You’re welcome!
“Lead Generation, Sales, and Taking Care of Leads are the three top priorities for any organization.”
Some Lead Acquisition Strategies
- Content marketing;
- E-mail marketing;
- Re-marketing and connecting with previous clients;
- Social media marketing (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter);
- Video marketing;
- PPC advertising and lead generation
- B2B or Business to Business lead generation
- Website Development
In conclusion, Lead Generation is a cost-effective, consumer-focused marketing and sales strategy that, when combined with the right data and automation strategy, works like a mechanism. If you use it in the right direction, add new customers who visit your link, and provide a way for them to contact you when they are ready to buy, you will start to see results immediately.
Here it is! Now you have an insight into what Lead Generation is and that it is a simple concept that requires a little investment but pays off very shortly.
These are just the basics we have covered at this stage. Continue to create great deals, calls to action (CTAs), landing pages, and forms – and move them to a multi-channel environment. Work with your marketing team and test what you want to do.
The more you adapt and test your activities and processes, the more you will improve the quality of your leads and increase your revenue.
Discover how you can improve your marketing strategies and help your business grow at an incredible rate.